- 6 pounds/3 kgs of Goat.
- 3 Cloves of Garlic.
- 2 teaspoons of Black Pepper.
- 3 teaspoon of Paprika.
- 1 teaspoon of Piri Piri.
- 4 Bay leaves. Salt (to taste).
- 3 cups Quinta Do Vale White Wine.
- 3,4 oz of Triunfo Olive Oil.
- 1 medium-sized onion sliced.
- 3 oz Butter.
- 24 Small Potatoes.
- Have the butcher chop the goat meat into medium size pieces.
- The day before cooking it, begin your marinade. Take a bowl and add the following ingredients: paprika, piripiri, bay leaf, garlic, salt, and pepper. Stir in the wine, then meat. The marinade should just be enough to cover the meat. Cover and place in the refrigerator.
- Pre-heat oven to 320F.
- Spread onion across the bottom of the cooking dish and drizzle with olive oil. Take the pieces of meat out of the marinade and rub with butter. Drizzle the remainder of the marinade over the meat. Cook for 2 hours while basting the meat with the marinade regularly.
- Add potatoes, baste and continue cooking for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with a Quinta Do Vale Red wine.